I'm a big fan of simplicity. There's a time and place for more than that, but not when it comes to my desktop wallpaper.
I went on a hunt for simple pumpkin desktop wallpaper and I found a whole bunch that were very busy or they looked like Halloween threw up all over them.
So, I made my own.
And now they it's available for download. Select from the sizes below to download your own.
Please, don't let the "paleo" part scare you.
Back in the summer we did a Whole30, which we loved (lost 25 pounds in 30 days). When it ended, we moved to a more "paleo" cooking style. I won't call it a diet. It just so happens that the food we eat and the food that makes us feel our very best (full of energy, focused, not bloated, happy) happen to align with paleo.
With that said, you could easily adapt this recipe to include white flour, for instance, but I say, why change something that's already SO good! It's not necessary.
It's also not necessary to have seven, but I bet you'll want to.
I could eat these every day...breakfast. lunch. and dinner.
Enjoy!Get the recipe
Have you seen the pumpkin dip recipe, like everywhere? Yeah me too and I finally caved and made some this past weekend for a little family get together. It was soooo good. Like beyond what you'd expect and it's crazy simple to make.
Mine was a little different, in that I used only 8oz of cool whip and a 1oz box of vanilla instat pudding. That's just what I happened to purchase, so I went with it. It was delicious.
Since I had leftovers I decided to make another dessert with the whipped pumpkin dip. You could make these with smaller shooter type glasses, or even a martini glass.
The bottom layer consists of about 6-7 nilla cookies, then the whipped pumpkin dip, then a layer of chocolate graham crackers, then more whipped pumpkin dip, another layer of chocolate graham crackers and on the top is mixture of cool whip, some vanilla extract and cinnamon. Chill for a few hours and then dive in.
I could eat this every day.
I'm ashamed to admit that I don't have a pumpkin wreath up yet. I've been going back and forth about what I want and when that happens, I end up becoming so overwhelmed with the options that I do nothing. Anyone else get that way?
I did go shopping at the brand new Michael's that opened up in my small little country town, and I'm now well stocked for pumpkin wreath making. I'll share with you mine once it's done. In the meantime checkout my round-up of festive pumpkin wreaths.
- Yarn Ball Pumpkin Wreath - for the knitters among us..and those who like lil pumpkins. This is precious.
- Mini Pumpkins Wreath - very rustic and impressive.
- Pumpkin Mesh Wreath - fun and colorful
- Houndstooth Pumpkin Wreath - earthy and natural.
- Felt Pumpkin Wreath - I dig the look of things made from felt.
- Pumpkin Patch Wreath - moss and pumpkins just go together
- Heart Pumpkin Wreath - this one's rustic and playful
- Pumpkin Tulle Wreath - I'm a sucker for tulle
- Simple White Pumpkin Wreath - ah, there's something to be said about simplicity
- Non-Traditional Blue Pumpkin Wreath - and uniqueness. I love the blue here. It's pefect for you non-traditionals out there.
My favorite is Pumpkin Patch Wreath. I love the combo of the pumpkins with the moss. What's your fav?
Yes there's the old standby, carving them. But how could you cut open such a beautiful plump pumpkin? Every time you do, a kitten dies.
Seriously, I've done the jack-o-laterns o-plenty (did you see what I just did there? yeah *groan*) and now my pumpkins call for something different. Plus carving pumpkins is so much work. How has time for that?
There are soooo many ways to decorate without carving. But I don't know how much time you have to dedicate to decorating a pumpkin. Being a pumpkin lover, I could spend a good deal of time, but I can recognize that we all aren't in that same boat. So I've rounded up some of my favorites that are pretty quick and easy. I hope you enjoy.
- Paint - adorable chevron stripes, or regular stripes, or anythign you want.Glitter - probably a little messy, but so worth it.
- Stud - quick and easy
- Fabric - possibilities are endless here -- think outside the ric rac
- Ribbon - this is oh so chic
- Lace - I think orange with black lace would look hot, so skip a step and don't paint
- Paper - bats, spiders, cats, the possibilities are endless
- Confetti - so fun, too fun.
- Jewels - this is really pretty and feminine with a variety of patterns and options
- Buttons - as cute as you would expect
- Decoupage - I think we've crossed a line, and I'm loving it.
What's your favorite?