Yes there's the old standby, carving them. But how could you cut open such a beautiful plump pumpkin? Every time you do, a kitten dies.
Seriously, I've done the jack-o-laterns o-plenty (did you see what I just did there? yeah *groan*) and now my pumpkins call for something different. Plus carving pumpkins is so much work. How has time for that?
There are soooo many ways to decorate without carving. But I don't know how much time you have to dedicate to decorating a pumpkin. Being a pumpkin lover, I could spend a good deal of time, but I can recognize that we all aren't in that same boat. So I've rounded up some of my favorites that are pretty quick and easy. I hope you enjoy.
- Paint - adorable chevron stripes, or regular stripes, or anythign you want.Glitter - probably a little messy, but so worth it.
- Stud - quick and easy
- Fabric - possibilities are endless here -- think outside the ric rac
- Ribbon - this is oh so chic
- Lace - I think orange with black lace would look hot, so skip a step and don't paint
- Paper - bats, spiders, cats, the possibilities are endless
- Confetti - so fun, too fun.
- Jewels - this is really pretty and feminine with a variety of patterns and options
- Buttons - as cute as you would expect
- Decoupage - I think we've crossed a line, and I'm loving it.
What's your favorite?